Levacetam 500 Tablet is a medication used to treat seizures caused by epilepsy. Epilepsy is a condition where people have repeated fits. This medicine is specifically used for a type of epilepsy where the fits affect one side of the brain but can also spread to larger areas on both sides of the brain. It works by slowing down abnormal brain signals that cause seizures. It helps by suppressing certain areas of the brain that are responsible for abnormal activity and stops the spread of electrical signals that trigger seizures. It reduces the frequency of seizures, but it does not cure epilepsy.
Take Levacetam 500 Tablet as directed by your doctor. Your doctor will determine how often you should take it based on your medical condition. Sometimes, you may experience daytime drowsiness, disturbed sleep, feeling lightheaded or dizzy, sleepiness, weakness, or unexplained infections. Most of these side effects of Levacetam 500 Tablet will go away on their own and don’t need medical attention. But if they persist, please contact your doctor.
How to use Levetiracetam Tablets Ip 500 MG
Levetiracetam is a medication used to treat seizures, specifically epilepsy. It belongs to a class of drugs known as anticonvulsants Here are the instructions for using Levetiracetam Tablets IP 500 MG:
- Read the Medication Guide provided on the tablet. Before you start taking levetiracetam and each time you get a refill. If you have any questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
- Take this medication by mouth with or without food as directed by your doctor, usually twice a day.
- Carefully remove the tablet(s) from the foil packet as directed by the product package. Do not push the tablet(s) through the foil. Dry your hands before handling the medication.
- Place each dose on the tongue and take a sip of liquid. Allow the medication to completely dissolve before swallowing it. Do not swallow the tablet(s) whole.
Benefits of using Levetiracetam Tablets Ip 500 MG
Levacetam 500 Tablet, which contains Levetiracetam, is used for treating symptoms of epilepsy. Here are the benefits of Levacetam 500 Tablets Ip 500 MG:
- Levacetam 500 Tablet helps in reducing the episodes of seizures in individuals with epilepsy.
- It works by slowing down the abnormal signals that the brain gives, which are responsible for episodes of seizures.
- Levacetam 500 Tablet suppresses specific brain sites responsible for abnormal activity, helping to prevent the spread of electrical signals that cause seizures.
- It can be used alone or in combination with other medications to control partial-onset seizures, primary generalized tonic-clonic seizures, and juvenile myoclonic epilepsy.
- It can be used in adults, children, and infants 1 month of age or older to control seizures.
- While Levacetam 500 Tablet helps in reducing seizures, it does not cure epilepsy. It is important to continue taking the medication as prescribed by the doctor.
Side Effects of using Levetiracetam Tablets
Levetiracetam Tablets belong to a class of drugs known as anticonvulsants. It is safe if you use it properly. But sometimes it may cause side effects.
- Unexplained infections
- Disturbed sleep
- Daytime drowsiness
- General weakness
Precautions for using Levetiracetam Tablets
- Taking Levetiracetam Tablets Ip 500 MG with other anti-epileptic medication can be dangerous and cause severe drowsiness, breathing problems, coma, and even death.
- People with a history of alcohol or drug abuse should use extreme caution when taking Levetiracetam Tablets Ip 500 MG.
- Levetiracetam Tablets Ip 500 MG may impair your ability to drive or operate heavy machinery if taken with alcohol, leading to dizziness and difficulty concentrating.
- If you experience excess suicidal thoughts, difficulty concentrating, sleep disturbances, dizziness, or sleepiness while taking Levetiracetam Tablets Ip 500 MG, inform your doctor.
- Pregnant or lactating women should consult a doctor before taking Levetiracetam Tablets Ip 500 MG as it falls under Category C pregnancy medication.
- Avoid taking Levetiracetam Tablets Ip 500 MG if you are allergic to any of its active ingredients, or have lung or liver disease, glaucoma, or sleep apnea.
- Serious allergic reactions (anaphylaxis) can occur with Levetiracetam Tablets Ip 500 MG. Seek immediate medical attention if you experience a rash, itching, trouble breathing or swallowing, or swelling of the hands, face, or mouth.