Rabeprazola 20mg+Domperidone 30mg
Rabeprazole + Domperidone is a combination drug that targets gastrointestinal issues viz. gastroesophageal reflux disease (Acid reflux) and peptic ulcer disease by relieving the symptoms of acidity such as heartburn, stomach pain, and irritation. The medicine also neutralizes the acid in the stomach allowing easy passage of gas, eventually providing relief from the stomach pain. Domperidone is a prokinetic which targets the upper digestive tract to increase the movement of the stomach and intestines, allowing the food to move more easily through the stomach. Rabeprazole is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI) that reduces the amount of acid in the stomach providing relief from acid-related indigestion and heartburn. This sums up the combining action mechanism of Rabeprazole + Domperidone.
The Rabeprazole + Domperidone capsules are supposed to be taken on an empty stomach in a dosage prescribed by your doctor. Inform your doctor beforehand if, you have an allergy to any two salts present in the capsules or any health condition that can cause severe side effects. Women who are trying to conceive or are already pregnant should not take Rabeprazole + Domperidone capsules without a doctor’s consultation. The Rabeprazole + Domperidone capsules can elicit moderate to severe side effects and thus, it should not be self-medicated at any cost.
The combination drug has a strong effect on the body which can worsen in the presence of a health condition. The health conditions where Rabeprazole + Domperidone should be avoided are given following:
The Rabeprazole + Domperidone capsules show different effects on every individual. It can induce moderate to severe side effects. Usually, the side effects resolve over time and do not require any medical attention. However, if the side effects persist or get severe, immediate medical attention is required. Some common side effects of The Rabeprazole + Domperidone capsules are given following:
Interaction with Medicines: Some medicines can affect the efficacy of Rabeprazole+Domperidone or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time. Some medicines that should not be taken with these capsules are:
1. Avoid taking Rabeprazole + Domperidone capsules if you are pregnant as it can be harmful to the mother and the baby. If urgent, consult your doctor and weigh in other better alternatives.
2. Breastfeeding women should also avoid Rabeprazole + Domperidone capsules as they can seep into the breast milk and pass it onto the baby.
3. Rabeprazole + Domperidone capsules cause dizziness. Hence avoid driving or any activity requiring you to focus or pay attention.
4. Inform your doctor of all the vitamin and mineral deficiencies you have to prevent lowering the efficacy of the capsules.
5. Do not deviate from the prescribed dosage and do not self-medicate.
Avoid consuming alcohol with Rabeprazole+Domperidone, as it may lead to unpleasant effects.
Dryness of mouth occurs due to Domperidone. If you experience dry mouth, drink plenty of water. Keep some water on your bedside at night. Cut down the intake of alcohol and avoid smoking.
Rabeprazole+Domperidone may cause sleepiness, thus you need to be cautious while driving.