Alprazolam 0.25mg+Propranolol Hydrochloride 20mg
Alprazolam+Propranolol is used in the treatment of anxiety disorder. It belongs to the class of medicines called anxiolytics. Anxiety Disorder is a mental health illness associated with feelings of anxiety, worry, or fear which is strong enough to interfere with one’s daily routine. The active ingredients are Alprazolam which is a benzodiazepine and Propranolol which is a beta-blocker. Alprazolam works by increasing the action of a chemical messenger called GABA, which suppresses excessive and abnormal activity in the brain. Propranolol inhibits certain chemical messengers that reduce blood pressure and heart rate.
Do not self-medicate the medicine and take it as per the prescribed dosage and duration. Do not chew, crush, or break the tablet. Swallow it whole with water. Some users may experience side effects such as confusion, drowsiness, memory impairment, uncoordinated body movements, nightmare, and cold extremities. Do not abruptly stop taking the medicine as it can cause withdrawal symptoms. Before taking the tablets inform your doctor if you have mood problems, liver or kidney disease, breathing problems, diabetes, and low blood pressure.
The medication is commonly used in the treatment of anxiety disorder. Its two main ingredients target the nerve cells and neurotransmitters involved in causing anxiety disorders. Propranolol is a beta-blocker that blocks the action of certain chemical messengers on the heart and blood vessels. This reduces heart rate, blood pressure, and strain on the heart.Alprazolam is a benzodiazepine. It works by increasing the action of GABA, a chemical messenger which suppresses the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
Mostly the Alprazolam+Propranolol Tablets have mild to moderate side effects, that get resolved over time. If your side effects persist or get worse or persist, immediately consult your doctor. The side effects are different in all the users and depend on the physiological conditions and response to the therapy. The range of side effects noticed on using Alprazolam+Propranolol Tablets are mentioned below:
Some drugs when taken together can interact with each other and cause negative health effects. The drugs also have a tendency to interact with certain food items and health conditions. Do not take Alprazolam+Propranolol Tablets with the following mentioned drugs:
1. Pregnant women shall consult their doctor before taking the medicine as it may have a toxic impact on the fetus.
2. Avoid consuming alcohol with this medicine as it may cause increased dizziness or other fatal side effects.
3. Immediately contact your doctor if you notice slow or uneven heartbeats, severe skin reactions, or breathing problems after taking the tablets.
4. Keep the medicine out of reach of children and pets. Properly dispose of expired and discarded medicines.
5. Store the medicine in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
6. Strictly follow the prescribed dosage and duration and do not abruptly stop taking the medicine.
7. Consult your doctor if you experience suicidal thoughts such as killing or harming yourself.